Please see below information from Age UK Barnet.
Winter Home Checks for over 55s
Age UK Barnet's vetted Handyperson team is now offering Winter Home checks to help Barnet residents over 55 save money and stay safe and warm.
Our Handyperson team can:
* Set heating timers and thermostats
* Assist with installing draught proofing
* Carry out light bulb checks
* Test smoke alarms
* Help read energy meters
* Check window and door latches to minimise draughts
* Sweep leaves from essential pathways
* Assess for trip hazards and ensure safety rails are secure
* Provide advice on security, locks, key safes and ring door bells.
The one-hour winter checks cost £25 (free for people on means-tested benefits) - but all draught proofing materials are free!
Please call us on 020 8150 0963 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Household Support Fund
Just a reminder that our Household Support Fund team is still here to hand out grants to Barnet residents over 55 who are finding it hard to make ends meet. The grants can be used to pay utility bills and food costs as well as wider essentials.
Please call Age UK Barnet on 0208 203 5040 and ask for the Household Support team or email email@example.com
The House hold Support Fund is being distributed by Age UK Barnet on behalf of Barnet Council.
For more details about who can apply please see the Age UK Barnet website: